Bill Gates, one of the richest men in the world, was born in 1955 in Seattle, Washington. He is an American businessman and co-founder of the luxury Microsoft company. He is well known, but these 10 things you definitely don't know about him!
1. He is the second most generous philanthropist
His name is associated with the private Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. It seeks to improve health care globally, reduce extreme poverty, and expand education and IT access opportunities in the US. In 2013 Bill himself donated $ 23 billion.
2. He is the 2nd richest man in the world
From 1995 to 2017 he was ranked first. He was then beaten by Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.
3. He had his first programming experience at primary school
At the age of 13, he created his first computer program on a General Electric computer.
4. He is a passionate car lover
He owns a luxury Porsche 959 from 1984.
5. He owns valuable pieces
At an auction in 1994, he acquired an incredibly valuable collection of Leonardo da Vinci's Codex Leicester science papers for $ 30.8 million.
6. His children will own only a fraction of his inheritance
As he says: “Leaving children a huge amount of money is not beneficial to them.” His net worth is about $ 100 billion.
7. He is interested in artificial intelligence
Gates says that if he didn't work for Microsoft, he would probably be an artificial intelligence researcher. He shares the same ideas in science and technology as Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking. For example, artificial intelligence is scary.
8. His favorite bands are Weezer and U2
9. Promotes progress in hygiene
He introduced a luxurious futuristic toilet that does not need water or sanitation, and uses chemicals to transform human excrements into fertilizer.